It’s not the first time an Aussie inventor has revolutionised the way we dry our clothes, but it has been a long time since we’ve seen such innovation in a caravan clothesline. Due to go on sale shortly, this fantastic new caravan awning clothesline could be a game changer.
Grahame Pilgrim, inventor of the popular ReverseMate aid for caravans has come up with yet another practical invention, the All-In-One RV and Caravan Awning Clothesline. Designed to take the hassle out of drying clothes, towels and sheets when travelling, this new offering takes up less storage space than a traditional fold-up or umbrella-type caravan clothesline.
According to Grahame, the new RV and caravan awning clothesline simply fits over your existing awning tube. You don’t need to purchase any additional items or drill anything to install it.
Everything you need is supplied in the caravan awning clothesline kit, including:
- Two adjustable brackets that fit over the awning tube
- Two awning tie-down clips (one is used when the line is outside the awning and the other when installed under the awning)
- Centre line support bracket to minimise wire sagging
- 15 metres of 4mm plastic coated wire with 160kg breaking strain
- Two plastic strainer clips to tension the wire
The nitty gritty on what, where and when
Grahame has finished the prototype testing on the caravan awning clothesline and the final retail version, which will be proudly manufactured in Brisbane, Australia, the Brackets will be cast from aluminium.
These new clotheslines will suit Carefree, Dometic, A&E Awnings and some Aussie Traveller with the first lot of stock due to arrive in February. To get your hands on one of these new caravan clotheslines, make sure to jump on over to the Reverse Mate website and register your interest (click on the product inquiry button) so you don’t miss out when they become available.
- International Patent Pending No PCT/ AU2022/050423.
- Australian Design No 202210665
- Australian “regd design pending” No 202214690